Monday, May 26, 2008

Pants


I read this great article in the June issue of Vogue. The New Pant pg. 84. 
 "Something peculiar is going on with pants, as no female with an eye for a well cut trouser can have failed to notice.In unavoidable numbers of collections, crotch levels for summer plummeted to somewhere between mid-thigh and mid-calf, so that on some runways, the models were walking with the fabric bagges, bunched and looped low between their legs. Speaking purely for myself, I was aghast." 
It goes on to mention the designers that showed these pants. Among them were Phillip Lim ( whom I adore) , Gucci, YSL, Oliver Theyskens and Marc Jacobs.
 "Both Pilati and Marc Jacobs, meanwhile, were of a mind to try pleats, combined in some instances with giant curved volumes on the outside of the leg."
 Sounds like my pant I showed at Bryant Park. See above photo. I guess I am in good company!

No comments: